The Baron & Chestney Home Seller | Sellers Save Thousands!| Home Sellers’s Inquiry Form | What’s My Home Worth? | Relocating from the San Francisco Bay Area | Real Estate Market Newsflash | The Future of Real Estate | Contact Baron & Chestney
The Baron & Chestney Real Estate Home Seller
Is Baron & Chestney Real Estate right for you? The Baron & Chestney home seller is savvy and wise– he or she knows that his or her property is an outstanding one. There is no doubt that the home will show well and sell quickly if properly priced. The house is well decorated, in excellent condition, beautifully landscaped (if applicable), and shows tremendous pride of ownership. However, the home owner does not want to pay a traditional 6% real estate commission to sell the home. Furthermore, this sophisticated home seller does not wish to appear “cheap” by using one of the “help you to sell” services, or, even worse, trying to sell the home themselves. Such home sellers recognize that potential home buyers can see through such strategies, as well as the fact that a million dollar property with a “For Sale By Owner” sign on it just doesn’t send the right message to potential home buyers… Yet, this seller also knows the importance and the value of competent, professional real estate representation in the sale of any home. Frequently, this type of property owner wants a real estate broker who will not only handle the sale of the current home, but also help find them a new home– for their retirement, as an investment property, as a 1031 tax exchange property, as a vacation home, or even as their primary residence. Often the sale of the current home will be contingent upon securing such replacement property, in fact. This homeowner can also appreciate the fact that a real estate broker will have a far greater degree of real estate knowledge and expertise than a common real estate sales agent would, and expects the type of full service that only a seasoned real estate broker can provide. At Baron & Chestney, our discount real estate brokers deliver that full service and more, and we do so while charging a much lower realtor commission, as well! Baron & Chestney Real Estate guarantees that the total real estate commission that a home seller will pay when using one of our discount realtors will not ever exceed 4%. Better still, the TOTAL real estate commission that a home seller will pay when using Baron & Chestney Real Estate to sell a home can often be as low as only 2%, if one of our discount brokers represent both home buyer and home seller in the transaction (with full disclosure to and consent of both parties, of course, per California real estate law).
At Baron & Chestney Real Estate, our discount commission realtors work with home sellers who are serious about selling their home, and who recognize and appreciate the merits of our progressive real estate business model. Our home sellers understand that using a Baron & Chestney Real Estate discount realtor will allow them much greater flexibility in accepting offers, as well, because they will be saving a lot of money in realtor commissions, thereby giving them a higher “net dollars back” figure after the sale of the property has been completed. Are you a potential Baron & Chestney home seller? Is your home your castle?! If so, feel free to Contact B & C right now, to set up an appointment for one of our discount real estate brokers to come meet you, tour your home, and discuss our realty sales and marketing strategies with you. We will evaluate your home free of charge or obligation, of course. You can fill out the SELLER’S INQUIRY FORM by clicking on the link, above, and then submit it to Baron & Chestney Real Estate. Defend your home’s equity against the armies of the 6% commission realtors! Your home is your castle! Let a Baron & Chestney Real Estate discount real estate broker be your knight!
Of course, we have always said that with Baron & Chestney Real Estate, you will pay a maximum of 4%, and that remains true, but, the great news for you is that you will not pay more than 3.5% in most cases now, thanks to the relentless pressure that we have put upon that old 6% commission rule of thumb. We have managed to drive it down, chipping away at it bit by bit over the years, such that the “new normal” has become a 5% commission, in most cases..can we get a big “thank you”?! Better still, always remember the “jackpot” scenario, which is why we say you COULD pay AS LOW AS only a 2% TOTAL commission. When does THAT happen? You hit the 2% jackpot when Baron & Chestney Real Estate ALSO represents the BUYER….in that case, we charge 1% per transaction side, and of course, 1% + 1% = 2% TOTAL COMMISSION to sell your home. Jackpot!!! While the “old 6% commission” national chain big name real estate companies have been forced to drop their rates to 5% in most cases, to try to stay competitive, they are of course still lagging way behind. They want to be competitive….well, most of them do, at least…… they really do. However, they simply cannot. Their business models have very high overhead, and require the “retail” markup they must use because of employing sales agents instead of our “wholesale” model which lets you work directly with a broker and eliminate the agent middleman/middlewoman. Those business models simply do not allow them much leeway, and they are already stretching themselves to the limit to make a profit at 6%, let alone at 5%…. SO, some of them have gone out of business. Many of them have consolidated offices and/or merged with others, to reduce overhead and stay in business. They of course have their big names and reputations to fall back on, at least for a while. Eventually, even those will not be enough to protect them, and they will need to drop their rates even further to stay competitive. The big question that challenges and vexes them, however, is HOW? If you need to pay a broker, plus a salesperson, plus administrative staff, you just need to keep marking up your fees so that everyone gets paid…..oh well, that is their problem, not ours….one approach that some of the copycat johnny-come-lately “e-companies” have taken to try to be competitive in the real estate industry is to attempt to “automate” the real estate process by using ‘apps”, algorithms, customer service reps, and chatrooms, all of which they purport will be able to help navigate you through the complicated process of selling a home, or buying a home, or both. You will save lots of money, they say, because their headquarters is located in some third world country, they have a fancy algorithm that is a wiz to work with, and their chatroom chimps and multilingual customer service reps are there for you by phone or email 24/7/365. Well, doesn’t that make you feel comfortable about the largest financial transaction of your life? Right. Get serious. Apps don’t handle disclosures and inspections very well. Algorithms don’t structure offers that win bidding wars and acquire properties. Chat rooms aren’t going to close any transactions for anyone any time soon. Get experience. Get local. Get brokers. Get live. Get smart. Get the best of both worlds. Get old world value and service paired with a modern, progressive business model. Get thousands of dollars in savings on your next real estate sale, purchase, or both. Your home is your castle. Let Baron & Chestney be your knights.
NEW!!! INTRODUCING THE BARON & CHESTNEY “YOUR REAL ESTATE YOUR WAY” ALTERNATIVE COMMISSION STRUCTURES — NOW YOU HAVE EVEN MORE OPTIONS AND CHOICES!
We still feel VERY strongly that our standard Baron & Chestney Real Estate commission structure will result in the best value for the overwhelming majority of our clients regardless of their individual circumstances. Our business model has remained rock solid against the tests of time, the “old guard” 6% companies, and the “johnny-come-lately” copycat e-companies as well. However, we do realize that a “cookie cutter” or “one size fits all” approach is not the best one for ALL clients and ALL scenarios. Therefore, our alternative commission structure plans give each of our clients the power to choose a customized plan that is tailored for their specific needs and special circumstances.
Selling to a friend or family member and need someone to make sure the paperwork is correct? Estate sale? Trust sale? Divorce sale? Inheritance sale? Private or confidential sale? Celebrity sale? High value sale? For sale by owner? Need a professional consultation, or a second opinion, on a complicated real estate transaction? Whatever your special real estate needs may be, Baron & Chestney Real Estate has live, local, veteran brokers with the knowledge, experience, and expertise to help you complete any real estate transaction. Now, we are proud to offer you even more options and choices, via our alternative commission structures!
FOR HOME SELLERS:
1. The Flat Fee Commission: As simple as it sounds. Your Baron & Chestney Real Estate discount broker will charge you a flat fee to sell your home. How much? It depends upon your home and its size, condition, location, and market value. One of our brokers will come out, meet with you, tour your property, and quote you in writing a flat fee, all-inclusive commission to sell your home.
2. The Net Commission: We will agree upon a price at which you would be happy to sell your home and your Baron & Chestney Real Estate discount broker will write that amount into the listing contract. For any sales price that we receive which is above that price, the overage amount is kept by Baron & Chestney Real Estate as our commission on the sale.
3. The High Property Value Commission: Even a 1% commission on a $10million house is still a LOT of money. If your home is a property with a very high market value, your Baron & Chestney Real Estate broker will negotiate a commission for you that takes that fact into account when we draw up your listing contract for you.
4. The Flex Commission: The commission rate that your Baron & Chestney Real Estate discount broker will charge you will depend upon certain flexible variables which we will determine and define together and agree upon in advance and incorporate into your listing contract.
5. The Tiered Commission: A hybrid commission structure which combines features of the Flat Fee Commission and the Flex Commission, in which different commission rates apply for different sales price tiers. Your Baron & Chestney Real Estate discount broker will work with you to delineate these terms into your listing contract.
6. The Custom Commission: A completely unique commission structure that you and your Baron & Chestney Real Estate discount broker create together, just for your specific and specialized needs and requirements, in drawing up your customized listing contract. Only your own creativity can limit this commission plan!
7. The “Beat It” Guarantee: Tell all the other real estate folks to pack it up and go, as Baron & Chestney Real Estate will beat any written, bonafide listing contract! Just tell them to “beat it”, as that is exactly what Baron & Chestney Real Estate will do to their proposal!
LESS THAN FULL SERVICE OPTIONS:
Baron & Chestney Real Estate prides itself on being a FULL SERVICE discount real estate brokerage. However, some clients do not want or need full service. They only want certain specific services. The following options take this fact into account.
8. The Limited Scope: Designed for the “do-it-yourselfer”….Not all the bells and whistles that we offer with our standard full service, but most of the basics. A Baron & Chestney discount real estate broker will assist you, holding your hand when needed, and leaving you alone when not.
9. The A La Carte: You asked for it, we have created it for you. For sale by owner but want a hosted open house? Want us to handle the contract paperwork for you? You name it, we can do it when it comes to any and all real estate matters. Our Baron & Chestney Real Estate discount brokers will negotiate a fee for whatever real estate services you desire.
10. The Consultation: Once again, you asked for it, so here it is. Get all the real estate consultation that you could ever need or want, from one of our Baron & Chestney Real Estate discount brokers. Fees can be arranged by the hour, by the day, by the job, etc. Whatever real estate matters you would like to discuss will be gladly addressed by one of our discount brokers who will serve as your personal real estate consultant for a transaction, project, or whatever you may be planning.
11. The Listing Only Commission: Baron & Chestney Real Estate will charge you a flat fee to simply post your home for sale on all the appropriate sites. From there, you can handle the rest yourself. Fear not, though — remember, you can always hire us al la carte or on a consulting basis, if you feel you need professional help down the road. Baron & Chestney Real Estate is always standing by to step in and help you at any time.
12. The “Beat It” Guarantee: Tell all the other real estate folks to pack it up and go, as Baron & Chestney Real Estate will beat any written, bonafide proposal for any real estate services! Just tell them to “beat it”, as that is exactly what Baron & Chestney Real Estate will do to their proposal!
Baron & Chestney Real Estate offers FULL SERVICE discount real estate brokers who will sell your San Francisco Bay Area home for a discount realtor commission of only 2% to 4% in TOTAL. Home buyers who purchase a home using our home buyer rebate program will get a realtor rebate of up to 2% of the selling price of the home. Serving your discount real estate needs throughout 10 San Francisco Bay Area counties, our discount realtors will save you THOUSANDS of dollars in real estate commissions, whether you are selling a home or buying a home, or BOTH! Call a Baron & Chestney Real Estate discount real estate broker today, and let our home seller discount real estate commissions and home buyer discount realtor rebates save you thousands of dollars in realtor commissions on your next bay area realty transaction! Call US first!