Eight Typical Real Estate Scenarios Showing How Home Buyers & Homes Sellers Save with Baron & Chestney:
WELCOME TO THE FUTURE OF REAL ESTATE! WELCOME TO BARON & CHESTNEY REAL ESTATE
With regards to buying a home and selling a home, we have detailed 8 typical real estate scenarios, which show exactly how BARON & CHESTNEY REAL ESTATE CAN HELP BOTH THE HOME BUYER AND THE HOME SELLER SAVE $$$ THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS $$$
You would pay only a 2% real estate commission if Baron & Chestney Real Estate represents both you and the home buyer. You would pay a maximum of a 4% real estate commission, if the home buyer’s real estate broker will not negotiate his commission, and you could pay somewhere in between a 2% real estate commission and a 4% real estate commission, if a negotiation-minded real estate broker represents the home buying side. Keep in mind that since you are paying a very low commission to a Baron & Chestney discount realtor, you will have more leeway in entertaining potential offers — yes, even those that are for less than your full asking price! If all offers are for more than the asking price, you are still giving away much less of your home’s equity by using a Baron & Chestney discount broker.
2. I WANT TO SELL MY HOME WITH A BARON & CHESTNEY DISCOUNT REALTOR, AND THEN BUY ANOTHER HOME WHICH IS BEING SOLD BY SOME OTHER REAL ESTATE BROKERAGE.
Your circumstances would be just the same as in the scenario above, in terms of selling your home. However, Baron & Chestney Real Estate will ALSO save you money on your home purchase, with a 2%* home buyer rebate paid back to you from Baron & Chestney Real Estate after closing escrow. The home seller pays our Baron & Chestney discount realtor a real estate commission of 3%*, and then we rebate 2% of the purchase price of the home back to you and Baron & Chestney keeps our 1% realtor commission. It’s like paying 2% less for the home! You really end up a HUGE winner in this scenario!
3. I WANT TO SELL MY PROPERTY WITH BARON & CHESTNEY REAL ESTATE AND THEN BUY A PROPERTY THAT IS LISTED WITH BARON & CHESTNEY REAL ESTATE.
You will pay a 2% real estate commission to a 4% real estate commission on the sale of your property, but you will essentially “save” an amount equivalent to 2%* on the purchasing side, because it’s a Baron & Chestney Real Estate listing. You can make a lower offer, and it will have a better chance of being accepted by the home seller.(Remember, think in terms of net dollars back to you). An all-around win-win situation!
*(Assuming a standard 6% realty commission with a 3% realty commission to the home buyer’s broker and a 3% realty commission to the home seller’s broker)
4. I WANT TO BUY A HOUSE THAT’S LISTED WITH SOME OTHER REAL ESTATE BROKERAGE, BUT I WANT BARON & CHESTNEY REAL ESTATE TO REPRESENT ME ON THE PURCHASE. I HAVE NO HOUSE THAT I NEED TO SELL– (I was previously renting, etc.).
You will get back a home buyer cash rebate from Baron & Chestney Real Estate after escrow closes. From the 3%* buyer’s broker commission, Baron and Chestney Real Estate will give you a real estate rebate of 2%, and then we will take our 1% real estate commission. It’s like getting a 2% discount off the purchase price of a home! If there is a bidding war going on, you could submit an offer of 2% higher than otherwise, resting assured that Baron & Chestney Real Estate will be rebating that amount back to you after the close of escrow, if you are the successful winning bidder. You cannot lose!
*(Assumes a standard 6% realty commission with a 3% realty commission to the home buyer’s broker and 3% realty commission to the home seller’s broker. If the property is listed for sale on the Home Search at a commission rate that is LOWER than 6%, such as 5%, then Baron & Chestney Real Estate would take our 1% realtor commission, and then we would rebate the remaining 1.5% commission back to you after the close of escrow. Anything over our 1% always goes to our client.)
5. I WANT TO SELL MY HOME WITH SOME OTHER REAL ESTATE BROKERAGE (it’s already listed with Big Giant Real Estate Co, for example), BUT I WANT TO BUY ANOTHER HOME WITH A BARON & CHESTNEY DISCOUNT REAL ESTATE BROKER REPRESENTING ME AS A HOME BUYER.
You will unfortunately have to pay the Big Giant Real Estate Company a hefty 6%* real estate commission. OUCH! Don’t you wish you had used a Baron & Chestney discount realtor in the first place? Don’t worry– we can still help you. If you choose to purchase a home that is listed for sale with another real estate company, and allow Baron & Chestney to submit the offer for you, we can then offer you our 2% home buyer rebate from the 3%* real estate commission that we get paid as the home buyer’s broker. Baron & Chestney Real Estate keeps a 1% realtor commission. You get 2% off the purchase price of the home, essentially, or more “fuel to burn” in a bidding war — which also means a better chance of having the winning bid and getting the home. A Baron & Chestney discount real estate broker can still represent you as a home buyer as well in buying a Baron & Chestney listing. Your offer can come in lower — up to 2% lower, because it’s a Baron & Chestney listing. (Remember, because we will only earn a 2% commission if the home is a Baron & Chestney listing, this is the exception to the rule for the home buyer cash rebate — see “The Exception To The Rule”, under the “BUT I’M A BUYER” section — our discount realtors cannot make zero dollars on a real estate transaction!) Remember, our discount brokers do not work for free! If Baron & Chestney represents both the home buyer and the home seller, our discount realtor will only receive a 2% real estate commission from the home seller. We cannot then hand our entire 2% commission over to the home buyer in the form of a rebate, because we would then make no money at all. Baron & Chestney normally receives a 3% commission from the other side, which is what allows us to give the buyer a 2% rebate in the first place. This scenario is simply not possible under the exception to the rule.
*(Assumes a standard 6% realtor commission, with a 3% realtor commission to the buyer’s broker and a 3% realtor commission to the seller’s broker)
6. I WANT TO BUY A BARON & CHESTNEY REAL ESTATE LISTING THROUGH A BARON & CHESTNEY DISCOUNT BROKER.
Your savings comes in the form of being able to submit a lower offer for the property and have a greater chance of having it accepted by the home seller– because it’s a Baron & Chestney property. We are the financial buffer between the home buyer and the home seller. Baron & Chestney discount realtors sacrifice most of their commissions so that we can always have happy home seller clients and happy home buyer clients who will give us plenty of referrals and repeat business!
7. I WANT TO BUY A PROPERTY THAT IS LISTED WITH SOME OTHER REAL ESTATE COMPANY, WITHOUT USING BARON & CHESTNEY REAL ESTATE.
Well, the only good news here is that you will pay no commission, since you are the home buyer. Remember, in any real estate transaction, the home seller always pays the entire real estate commission. However, your offer will simply be run of the mill — you will reap none of the benefits that Baron & Chestney Real Estate has to offer. You will get no commission discounts, no realtor commission rebates, and no greater chances of your offer being accepted.
8. I WANT TO SELL MY HOUSE, WITHOUT USING A BARON & CHESTNEY DISCOUNT REAL ESTATE BROKER.
OUCH! OH NO!!! This is the WORST possible scenario of all. You will be paying an outrageous 6%* real estate commission to the Big Giant Real Estate Company. THIS IS IN FACT WHAT MOST PEOPLE HAVE BEEN DOING FOR YEARS! This sort of glaring financial blunder (allowing thousands of dollars of your home’s equity to be yanked away from you) is EXACTLY what Baron & Chestney Real Estate discount real estate brokers are committed to preventing from happening! While Baron & Chestney does not advocate or advise the cancellation of an existing real estate listing, and while Baron & Chestney would not ever solicit an existing real estate listing that is already held by another real estate firm, we DO ask this: if and when your listing expires with your property going unsold, please do, at that time, contact Baron & Chestney Real Estate immediately and we will be happy to list it, market it, and sell it for you, for no more than a TOTAL real estate commission of 4%, and hopefully as low as only a 2% TOTAL real estate commission. It is unethical for us to solicit an existing real estate listing. As the property owner, however, it is your right to contact any real estate brokerage that you wish, whenever you wish, regarding the listing of your property. However, there could be a possibility of you ending up liable for the payment of two real estate commissions! Therefore, we simply advise waiting until after your existing listing with the Big Giant Real Estate Company has expired before contacting us to list and sell your home.
*(assumes a standard 6% real estate commission rate)
Baron & Chestney hopes that the above scenarios make sense to you, but we DO realize that these are new (and sometimes confusing) ideas and concepts. Sometimes it is hard to change to new ways. Especially when the traditional, old fashioned 6% commission real estate companies have done everything possible to keep you hoodwinked, bamboozled, and fleeced for all these years over how real estate commissions REALLY work. Unfortunately for them, the gig is up, and the parlor tricks will no longer work. Today’s home buyers and home sellers are MUCH more educated and informed than at any time in the past. Intelligent people do their research and do their homework and arm themselves with information before making what is most likely the largest purchase or sale of their lifetime. At Baron & Chestney, we are very proud to say that THOSE are EXACTLY the clients that we are looking for — OUR clients are the SMART ones! Whenever a major cash savings is involved, though, even those who are somewhat slow on the uptake eventually begin to “get it”… Our Baron & Chestney discount real estate brokers are standing by, ready to save you THOUSANDS of dollars on your next real estate purchase or sale (or BOTH). We hope to hear from you very soon, but we are also willing to wait until the light bulb all of a sudden clicks on for you! (When discussing our services in person with a potential client, we can visibly see the expression on a person’s face when our real estate business model finally makes sense to them all of a sudden — it is exactly like seeing the light bulb in their brain get switched “on” all of a sudden, where there was only a hazy 6% cloud of darkness before!) Don’t let our 6% commission competitors keep you in the dark anymore! Call Baron & Chestney Real Estate, instead! When in doubt, ASK B & C! Also, feel free to CONTACT B & C at any time. We are here to help, and to save you money on your next real estate transaction!
Buying a home, selling a home, or selling a home and buying another home are easily among the most, if not THE most, important financial decisions that you will make in your lifetime. Whom do you want to entrust with the huge responsibility of guiding you safely and securely through such a transaction or transactions? You should insist upon a real estate professional with the knowledge, expertise, and experience required to guarantee that everything is handled correctly. Here are a few questions to ask; the answers to these, among many other questions, should factor into your decision making process when it comes to choosing the right real estate professional to represent you:
1. Is the person a sales agent, or a broker? Sales agents must by California law be employed by brokers in order to work in the real estate industry and conduct real estate activities in the state of California. A sales agent cannot become a broker without at least 2 years of experience, plus successful completion of 8 college level real estate courses, as well as passing a broker’s exam and criminal background check. You should hire a broker, not a sales agent. Most brokers have WAY more than the minimum 2 years of experience required. Ours have DECADES of experience. Sales agents may try to put all sorts of things on their business cards to impress you (MBA, JD, CPA, GRI, CRS, GIA, PhD, top producer, top 1%, gold circle, diamond star, Team Hotshot, a legend in my own mind, etc.), all of which are just wonderful, but the one thing they CANNOT legally put on their card is the one most important thing of all that SHOULD be there: the title of BROKER. Look for it. Insist upon it. After all, don’t you deserve the best? Do you want a doctor, or a nurse? A dentist, or a dental assistant? An attorney, or a paralegal? You are paying good money. Get great help.
2. Is the person a Realtor? Not all salespeople nor even all brokers are Realtors. Realtors are members of the National Association of Realtors and California Association of Realtors. These are professional organizations whose members voluntarily subscribe to a code of ethics. Look for the term “Realtor” on their business card. Insist upon it.
3. How many years of experience does the person have? Here is a little known fact that is a foolproof, guaranteed way to find out. All California real estate sales agents and brokers and companies have a license number that was issued by the California Department of Real Estate (DRE), formerly known as the California Bureau of Real Estate. The abbreviation “CA DRE #” or “CA BRE #” will precede the license number of all real estate licensees in California. BY CALIFORNIA LAW, THE NUMBER MUST BE DISPLAYED ON THE BUSINESS CARD OF ANY REAL ESTATE LICENSEE. Ask for it. Look for it. Insist upon it. It must ALSO be displayed on their advertisements, meaning, ALL advertisements, of which the business card is considered one, as well as flyers, mailers, brochures, pamphlets, door hangers, websites, shopping cart ads, magazine ads, billboards, tv commercials, etc. Why? It is very similar to an attorney’s state bar number, or a contractor’s state license number. The beautiful thing about a DRE/BRE license number is that it gives away a lot very valuable information about the real estate licensee. The DRE/BRE # will tell you: agent or broker, number of years of experience, AND, other things as well….but HERE IS THE LITTLE KNOWN FACT that all rookies hope you will never learn: DRE/BRE License numbers are SEQUENTIAL. THERE ARE NO EXCEPTIONS. IN OTHER WORDS, THE LOWER THE NUMBER, THE MORE YEARS OF EXPERIENCE, AND THE HIGHER THE NUMBER, THE FEWER YEARS OF EXPERIENCE. There is no amount of money that an agent or broker or company can pay to have a license number changed, and no one can “purchase” a lower number. It might as well be tattooed on a rookie’s forehead, or printed on a new company’s business advertisements, along with the words, “I have no idea what I am doing”. Look for it. Insist upon it. Research it at https://www.dre.ca.gov.
Hire only a veteran broker and a Realtor with decades of experience. You deserve only the best. Baron & Chestney Real Estate offers you the old world value and full service of the old big name 6% national chain companies, paired with the new age progressive business model which features discount commissions and home buyer rebates — the best of both worlds! There is no need to use a rookie, and no need to use an “app” or algorithm or online chatroom or telephone customer service rep in order to save money on your next real estate transaction. Whether selling a home, buying a home, or both, a Baron & Chestney discount broker will save you THOUSANDS of dollars, while working with you locally, live and in person. You get BOTH the traditional, old-fashioned veteran know how, as well as the new age commission savings and rebates. Your home is your castle. Let Baron & Chestney be your knights!
Baron & Chestney Real Estate offers FULL SERVICE discount real estate brokers who will sell your San Francisco Bay Area home for a discount realtor commission of only 2% to 4% in TOTAL. Home buyers who purchase a home using our home buyer rebate program will get a realtor rebate of up to 2% of the selling price of the home. Serving your discount real estate needs throughout 10 San Francisco Bay Area counties, our discount realtors will save you THOUSANDS of dollars in real estate commissions, whether you are selling a home or buying a home, or BOTH! Call a Baron & Chestney Real Estate discount real estate broker today, and let our home seller discount real estate commissions and home buyer discount realtor rebates save you thousands of dollars in realtor commissions on your next bay area realty transaction! Call US first!